We care about the security of the information we store, process and transmit.
Your personal information is valuable and if obtained by a person with malicious intent this can be very damaging to you.
This is why we do all we can to protect it.
When you need to send sensitive information to us please do not email it as text or as an attachment. Email is often sent unencrypted across the Internet and can travel through any number of systems before reaching it's destination.
Please use our Secure File Transfer service at https://www.travel2learn.co.nz/transfer
Our Privacy and Security Statement
We collect personal information from you, including information such as:
- your name
- contact information
- date of birth
- passport number
- passport expiry date
- health information (if you choose our travel insurance option)
- family information (if we process your travel visa for you)
- frequent flyer information.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- book flights, accommodation and other travel arrangements for you
- apply for travel visas on your behalf
- provide you with travel insurance
- provide you, and the persons you authorise, with a copy of your itinerary.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- travel suppliers such as airlines and hotels in order to provide you with your required travel arrangements
- embassies and/or their representatives of the country or countries you will travel to (if we process your travel visa for you)
- Kiwi Holiday Insurance and/or Allianz New Zealand, whom we collect your insurance applications for (if you choose our travel insurance option).
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide us a copy of your passport, we'll be unable to guarantee that the information we provide to travel suppliers is accurate. This may prevent you from travelling as names on airline tickets must match the name in your passport.
We keep your information safe by using technology partners for whom we perform information security risk assessments or that are regularly audited and evaluated against industry standards for information security such as:
- CSA STAR.
We only allow certain staff to access your information and all access requires multiple factors of authentication. Any physical copies of your personal information is securely stored in locked cabinets when not being used.
We keep your information accessible to us for 6 months after you return from your travels, at which point we remove it from our day to day systems. To ensure the availability and recovery of our systems, your information is also stored with our backup providers. This backed up information is protected by:
- Encrypting it using approved (by the New Zealand Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB)) cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Encrypting it using our own cryptographic keys. This means that only us is able to view this information
- Securely erasing it 3 months after it is removed from our day to day systems.
Any personal information held in a physical format (e.g. paper based records) is securely shredded 6 months after your return date.